- 1. Must be at least 16 years of age
- 2. Must have a valid State Identification card
- 3. Must have a Social Security Card
- 4. Physical Examination by a physician or nurse practitioner within 90 days prior to clinical rotation
- 5. PPD (TB) test within 90 days prior to our clinical rotation
- 6. Must pass a Live Scan Fingerprinting background check (no cost to student)
- 7. The Live Scan Fingerprinting during mandatory orientation
- NBCNA Skills Videos
- Testing Standards (Checklist)
- Test Administration Information
- Hands on Skills Prep & Mock Testing
- 95% Pass Rate
North Bay CNA Full Time Training Program is a 25 day (Mon – Fri) California State approved program from start to finish. You will learn everything you need to know about becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant and becoming an integral part of the health care team. CNA’s are always in demand and you can make a significant difference in someone’s life. It’s challenging and rewarding.
Our CNA Training Program in Sonoma County, will prepare you with the information, knowledge, skills and experience you will need to be a Nurse Assistant, providing quality care for residents/patients in long term care facilities, hospitals and home care.
North Bay CNA Training Program will arrange for you to take the California State Competency Exam. There are several places offering the test in Santa Rosa, as well as across the bay area and east bay. The student will be required to demonstrate the practical training he or she learned. The state examiner will test and determine if the student is ready to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. The student will be asked to perform 3 of the 25 skills that he/she learned during the program. In addition to the practical portion of the state test, the student will be required to take a written exam, which will consist of the theory portion of our program. There are also practice exams which will prepare you for the state written exam.
The student will first read and learn through lecture, how to:
- Wash your hands, (yes there is a proper way)
- Dress for infection control
- Take a blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature
- Weigh and measure residents
- Calculate cc/ml, for intake and output (you’ll learn!)
- Understand body functions, i.e. your heart, lungs, kidneys and how everything works together.These are just a few exciting areas we will be covering.
There will be quizzes after each chapter and 2 exams plus a final exam on graduation day.
- The skills we talk about in theory, we will put into practice in our skills lab.
- There are 25 different and specific skills you will be required to learn
After we have completed our theory/lab portion of our program, you will take all that knowledge and experience you have learned and we will take you to our clinical site, for training. Training will consist of working with a CNA and taking care of the residents. You will be assisting the CNA, employee, with everything you learned in the skills lab portion of our program. Now you will put it into practice. We will be right there with you.
COURSE FEE: $1,750 ($300 Non Refundable Deposit Required to Reserve Spot. This will be deducted from the $1,750 total, and remainder will be due on orientation day.)
- There is a $300 Deposit required to reserve your spot. Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE. This is deducted from the $1,750 total.
- The remainder is due on orientation day. If other payment arrangements are needed, please contact our office at 707.843.3703
- Class change (switching to a different class other than the one for which you originally registered) is allowed ONLY ONCE after registration.
- Tuition (Not Deposits) may only be refunded if you give notice in writing 7 days prior to the class start date. You must receive approval to receive a refund. Tuition will not be refunded once class begins.
- Onsite Live Scan Fingerprinting
- BLS Class
- State Testing Fee
- Test Date
- Book and Supplie
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 16
- Assessments Yes